Monday, May 9, 2011

My first post ....

I never thought of myself as a blogger. I am usually very private abut my life but I decided that I wanted to share my stories of how I became a runner. I know that my life as a whole is not very exciting but hopefully I will be able to relate my triumphs and failures so that they aren't terribly boring.

So now for a little bit more about me ....

Recently, I became a runner. Now you might ask yourself, at what point does someone become a runner. For me, it was April 10th of this year. That was the date of my very first 5K and the day that I realized that I truly love to run. I actually started running on a rather regular basis on February 1st but it was more or less intended to help me lose some much needed weight. By the end of that first week, I had signed up for my very first race, the Athleta Iron Girl Clearwater 5K. Signing up for the race was only supposed to be a motivator for me to stay with it and continue to run 3 days a week. Little did I know that it would lead me down a path that has literally changed my life for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...