Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First official Training Run ...

Tuesday, 5/31 - 30 Minutes of Running
  • 3.23 miles, 45' 04" minutes, 13' 58" min/mile average pace, 150 BPM average heart rate
According to Jeff Galloway's training program, each running workout should start with a 5 minute walking warm up, followed by a slow build up to your running stride over the next 5 minutes, and finished with a 10 minute walking cool down. Today, I did my workout on the treadmill using a 1.0% incline. I started my workout with a 5 minute walk at 3.0 mph, then increased my pace to a jog (3.5 mph) for the next 5 minutes. After I completed my warm up, I felt pretty good and decided to push myself a little bit so I increased my pace to 4.0 mph, which I maintained for 20 minutes! After that, I slowed my pace back to down to 3.5 mph to start cooling down for the next 5 minutes. I finished my workout with a 10 minute walking cool down. I ran for a total of 30 minutes today, which is what I planned to do. I felt really good after my run and I ended up going further than I had expected. I also felt strong during my run. Don't get me wrong ... I totally broke a sweat, but I felt like I could keep going. I decided against it because I don't want to get injured and I really want to try and follow my training schedule closely.  I am still working on my pacing so hopefully as a I progress I will get faster and stronger.

*On a side note, the paces that I gave were based off of the belt speed. I actually run faster than the belt mostly because I am afraid that the treadmill will chew me up and spit me out the other side if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...