Monday, May 30, 2011

Let the Training Begin ...

Monday, 5/30 - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 47 minutes (Cardio Balanced Video)
A little over a month ago, I decided to add strength training to my training schedule as a way to improve my overall fitness level. I wanted to try and find a program that relied mostly on body weight because I want a lean, toned body and I simply don't have any fitness equipment besides a treadmill. When I was a swimmer in high school, I was diagnosed with swimmer's shoulder, which means I have tendinitis in my rotator cuffs causing severe pain when my shoulders are over used. For this reason, I have to be very careful about my choice of strength training. In my search for a program that would give me the results I was looking for, I found a kit called Kettlenetics Slim & Tone, which includes several workouts and a 4lb. Kettlebell. This program is not a traditional Russian Kettlebell workout and it doesn't claim to be. It is a cardio/dance inspired workout that uses the 4lb. Kettlebell for some added resistance. After doing more research about this program and the effectiveness of kettelbells in general, I decided to give it a try. I really, really like this program. The workouts are exactly what I was looking for and it challenges me every time I put the DVD in my player. I have been doing a workout 3 times a week for the last month and after every single workout I am drenched with sweat and can feel it in my glutes, abs and arms. My plan is to continue rotating between some of the longer workouts for the first six weeks of my training and then if I feel like my shoulders are up for the challenge I will increase the weight from 4 lbs. to 8 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...