Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back on the Treadmill again!

Tuesday - 3 miles
  • 3.14 miles, 35' 02" minutes, 11' 09" min/mile average pace, 153 BPM average heart rate
I made an executive decision today. I decided that I really do want to continue my Kettlebell training based on the RKC training method. I have done research in order to determine if there are any instructors in the area and unfortunately did not find what I was looking for. I did find a certified RKC instructor in the area but he doesn't teach classes as frequently as I would like. I really enjoy doing my Kettlebells at least 3 days a week. As a result, I ordered a new DVD to add to my workout collection. I am really excited to try it out and can't wait for it to come in the mail. I will continue using my Kettlenetics DVDs for now because it is a great workout and I don't want to have a break in my training. I ordered The Ultimate Body Scult and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD Volume 1 from On the Edge Fitness. I stumbled across the website with I was looking at Amazon for more Kettlebell DVDs. One of the main reason why I chose this DVD over all of the others is because I really liked the instructional techniques used by Lauren Brooks. She had sample videos on her website and after watching several of them I was convinced that this workout would be worth the money and would really help me take my training to the next level. I can't wait to try this workout.

While I am truly happy to be getting back on my training schedule, I have not been able to get back to my regular sleeping schedule. By not being able to get to sleep early enough, I am unable to wake up to get my workout complete in the morning. Since I have started my journey to a healthier way of life, I have realized that my body really does need 8 hours of sleep and anything less only leaves me feeling very sluggish and drained. Needless to say, I did not wake up early enough to run before this morning so it was pushed to after work. I really hope that I will be able to get to sleep early enought tonight so that I can wake and do my workout before work tomorrow.

Seeing as how I haven't been able to run in a week, I decided to take it easy today. Based on my average pace, it probably doesn't look like I took it too easy today but I promise I did. My usual Tuesday workout is the randomized hill workout on the treadmill with a walking wam up and cool down. I didn't do that today. I had plenty of hills last week. Instead, I left the incline at 0% so that my calves wouldn't kill me. Hiking 11 miles and running 4 miles through the Appalachian Mountains really did a number on my legs last week. At one point around mile 2, my right calf started to really tighten up and I backed off on my pace and the tightness went away. Around the 2.5 mile mark, I got a nasty cramp in my right side. I maintained my pace and breathed through it. Eventually, the cramp went away. For whatever reason, my right side was giving me problems during my run but I was able to breathe through them and finish my run. I did probably set the belt pace a little fast (4.0 mph) but I felt strong while running and was never out of breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...