Monday, July 18, 2011

I need more Kettlebell!

Monday - Strength Training
  • Kettlebells - 46 minutes (Joint Mobility Warm Up and Sculpt & Condition Workout)
Last night I stayed up way too late watching the baseball gaem. After such a great pitcher's duel, my Rays still lost to the Red Sox. I did fall asleep before midnight even though the game continued well into the night. I was woken up when my boyfriend got home from working at the baseball stadium. I guess I am just coming up with excuses as to why I didn't wake up before work to do my strength training workout done. Oh well, at least I did still get it in after work.
Tonight I tried the other workout on my new Kettlebell DVD. I started with the Joint Mobility Warm Up, which really helps to loosed everything up but doesn't really get the heart rate up. The Sculpt & Condition Workout is similar to the Fat Blast Workout in how it is structured. The workout itself is much longer and so are the intervals. Both workouts utilize 30 second intervals. The Fat Blast Workout uses 1 minute of exercise and 30 seconds of rest. The one minute of exercise is divided into two 30 second intervals of 2 different kettlebell moves. The Scupt & Condition Workout uses 2 minutes of exercise and 1 minute of rest. The exercise interval is divided into 2, 3 or 4 different kettlebell moves. By the of this workout, I was drenched with sweat and incredibly sore. I think that by doing the correct RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certified) version of the kettlebell exercises I am actually working the appropriate muscles groups more than I was with Kettlenetics. My core muscles were incredibly sore while I was trying to breath during the rest intervals. I can't wait to try this workout with a heavier bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...