Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation starts tomorrow!

Sunday – Rest
  • Kettlenetics – 47 minutes (Cardio Balanced Workout)
I thought that I wasn’t ready to do the Cardio Balanced Workout with the 8 lb. KBell. I was completely wrong. When will I stop underestimating myself? I decided to go ahead and do my strength training today instead of tomorrow because I am going to be in a car for about 10 to 12 hours and the last thing I am going to want to do when I get out of the car is workout. I decided to do this workout with the 8 lb. KBell because I really want to take my strength training to the next level. The only way that I will be able to get my body into the shape that I want is to constantly force it to a new level. Doing this workout with the 4 lb. KBell was getting way to easy so I knew it was time to push myself to the next level. After the warm up, I was actually ok with my decision to use the 8lb. KBell. By the end of the swings (there are an absolute ton of them), I started to second guess my choice but I stuck with it. I was dripping with sweat and was afraid that I would drop the KBell. After the swings came some more standing exercises and then came the floor exercises. For the first time in two months, a modified push up actually seemed easy to me. Yes I admit that I do “girlie” push ups. At this rate, I might actually be able to do a full push up by the end of the summer. The only exercise that caused me any problems was the side planks with arm raises. After the first set, my shoulders were a little sore. The second set was much harder and my right shoulder actually gave out during one of the arm raise. I ended up using the 4 lb. KBell for the rest of the side planks and arm raises. I felt like this workout went really well especially using the heavier KBell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...