Friday, July 1, 2011

What a way to start the day!

Friday - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 34 minutes (Total Body Blast Workout)
The more I do this workout the I sweat. That probably sounds really gross (and it is) but I think it means that I am working harder each time I do it. It could also mean that my place is warmer than it was the last time I did the workout. I am hoping that I am actually working harder. When I started doing the the warm up, I actually felt like I should have been using the 8 lb. KBell. I stuck with the 4 lb. KBell though and by the end of the workout I was glad that I did. I know that the 4 lb. KBell is not going to work my arm muscles or my core as much as the 8 lb. KBell would but the lighter weight allows me to get a handle on the rhythm of the workout. Eventually, I am going to do this workout with the 8 lb. KBell but that won't be happening for at least a few weeks. This workout is quickly becoming one of my favorites because of the crazy plyometrics that I end up doing. And even thought the 4 lb. KBell really isn't providing a ton of resistance, the body weight exercises really compensate for that. I can only imagine how using the 8 lb. KBell will affect this workout.

On another note, my vacation is only three days away. If you can't tell, I am super excited! I haven't started packing yet but I have all weekend to get to that. My big concern is making sure that I will have room for my clothes after I pack my running clothes and my photography gear. You can tell where my priorities are. My other big concern is that fact that none of my clothes actually fit me anymore. That is actually a really good thing except when you are trying to get dressed in the morning. I guess I will have to go buy some new clothes this weekend so that I am not limited to the two pairs of jeans that barely fit me (and they are my new ones). I can't go overboard with new clothes though because I am still losing weight. My body has not quite reached the weight that it wants to be at (I know because I am losing weight). People always ask me when I will be done losing weight. My answer is always I don't know. I have never been a tiny person so I don't know what my body wants to weigh. According to the BMI chart, I need to lose at least another 18 pounds before my weight will be considered healthy. I am hoping to achieve that weight by October 1st for my very first half marathon. But after that who knows. Needless to say, even though I have lost 42 pounds this year, I don't think that my body is close to its true healthy weight. Because of this fact, I am having a difficult time justifying buying more new clothes. Unfortunately, none of my clothes actually fit! What a vicious cycle I am stuck in! I also need to go through my old clothes and get rid of the ones that don't fit anymore. They are taking up valuable space in my closet and dresser. I am having a serious mental block with that mostly because I am truly afraid that I wil lbe right back where I started a few months from now. I know that the likelihood of that happening is slim to none because I love the feeling that exercise gives my and I don't want to give that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...