Wednesday, July 27, 2011

UPDATE: Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Medals have been unveiled!

This is an update to my previous post about the medals for this year's Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Relay. Yesterday, runDisney reposted the image of what the medals will actually look like (see below). Apparently, the medals should not have looked gold at all becuase they will be the same silver color as last year's medal. This means that the only difference between this year's and last year's medal is the lanyard and a few minor tweeks to the actual medal. Disney also stated that not only is half marathon filled to capacity but now the relay is too. The only way to participate in this event is to sign up through a charity organization.


2011 Wine & Dine Medals
So what are my thoughts on what the actual medal will look like? I really like it. In fact, I love it. Yellow is NOT one of my favorite colors. I don't think I own a single piece of gold jewelry. Needless to say, I am excited that the medal will be silver again this year. Besides, the silver color means it will resemble the real Spaceship Earth much better. And even though, yellow is one of least favorite colors, I really do like champagne and white wine, which what the lanyard reminds me of. I really can't wait to run this race and add this medal to my collection (which stands at one). I actually received a medal for my very first race even though it was a 5K. The Iron Girl Race Series believes that everyone deserves a medal to honor their accomplishment. This one looks way cooler than that one but they are both special to me.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I was looking to see what they will look like this year and am glad they are still silver! I'm not a gold fan either! Are you excited nervous?? I so want your little widget for the Half - where did you get it??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...