Friday, July 22, 2011

Nothing gets in the way of my training ...

Friday - Strength Training
  • Kettlebells - 46 minutes (Joint Mobility Warm Up and Scult & Condition Workout)
Work has been really stressful this week. We have a large scale proposal that is going out in less than a month with a lot more work left to do on it. This scenario is similar to the one that helped me become a severe workaholic last year. Since my goal this year is to not revert back to my old ways, I am really focusing on my training right now. That focus actually helped me during my workout tonight.

Even though I woke up early enough to get my workout in before work, I decided to go to work early to get further on my current project. After a day of putting out fires and feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere, I headed home to take out my frustration on my 8 lb. kettlebell. I warmed up with the Joint Mobility workout and then I did the 40 minute Scuplt & Condition Workout. I must say that this workout is fantastic. I think I also had a lot of built frustrations because I am really sore right now especially in my core area. I feel like I am becoming comfortable with the overall flow of Lauren's workouts and each exercise. Oddly enough, the hardest exercises for me have nothing to do with my kettlebell but rather the body weight exercises. My push ups, squat thrusts and mountain climbers could totally use some work but they are getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...