Thursday, July 14, 2011

You know it is going to be a good day when ...

Thursday - 3 miles
  • 3.49 miles, 40' 07" minutes, 11' 28" min/mile average pace, 148 BPM average heart rate
You know it is going to be a good day when you rock out an early morning run and then you see a rainbow on your way into work. I don't think I could have asked for a better day. Shockingly, I was able to get up this morning for my run. It felt great to get my run in before work this morning and I really hoped that it would help start my day off on the right foot.

Normally on Thursdays I like to do tempo runs but since I am still trying to take it easy this week I didn't do one this morning. I think my run went really well this morning and showed me that I am improving and might be ready for the next level. I set the belt pace to 4.0 mph and I felt like it was really easy. I didn't have any difficulty with my breathing and my body didn't reject me or give me any problems. When I finished my run and found out that my average heart rate was so low, I was really shocked and really happy. When I first started running, I thought that getting my pace down to a 10 minute/mile would be easy. I was wrong ... very, very wrong. I have spent the last several months trying to focus on my technique and getting my body ready for the longer distances. Some where in all of that, I was also conditioning my body for speed. With my average heart rate that low, it likely means that I was not pushing my body to its limit and that I will be able to go faster next week during my tempo run. I never thought that day would come.


On my way into work this morning, I saw a rainbow. It hadn't rained yet today but there it was in the sky. I could see all seven colors of the rainbow, which brought a smile to my face. I have been really stressed at work lately so I figured that the rainbow was good sign that my day would be better than it has been. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. Today actually was worse than any other day at work this week. Maybe the situations I was dealing with at work just rubbed me the wrong way but I felt really irritable all day long. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.


Ultimate Body Sculpt and
Conditioning with
Kettlebells DVD Vol. 1
The other highlight of my day (besides going for my run and seeing a rainbow) was receiving my new Kettlebell DVD in the mail. I was stoked when I checked the mailbox and saw the package. I couldn't wait to open it up and pop it into my DVD player. I just wanted to preview the workouts. I think that this DVD has to be one of the best workout DVDs I have found. The instruction is very thorough and informative. I think my 8 lb. kettlebell may be too light so before I start using this DVD I am going to have to kettlebell shopping. Darn I absolutely hate shopping ... just kidding! Then again I may just have to try out the video with my 8 lb. bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...