Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tempo runs are my friends ...

Thursday - 3 miles
  • 3.19 miles, 35' 03" minutes, 10' 58" min/mile average pace, 161 BPM average heart rate
Ok so the alarm clock trick did not work at all this morning. Nope not at all. I thought that even though I was not in bed at my usual time the alarm clock would still get me going in the morning. It didn't. Whem the alarm went off, I rolled out of bed, walked over to the alarm clock, shut it off and then crawled right back into bed. Oops! I guess I was a lot more tired than I thought last night. Based on Tuesday's run, I was a little nervous about pushing myself tonight. I know where I was last week when I did my tempo workout so I wanted to be close to that tonight. No matter what, the important thing is that I ran today. I was completely surprised with how well my run went tonight. I was able to run at an average pace less than 11 minute/mile, which is amazing for me. When I first started running, my average pace was between 13 and 14 minute/mile. I know that I am not the fastest runner in the world but the fact that I am improving and able to run at a faster average pace thrills me to no end. My run felt so good tonight that I actually considered increasing the belt pace above my previous maximum (4.5 mph), which I maintained for 25 minutes tonight. After I finished my run tonight, I thought about made tonight's run so much better than Tuesday's run. I think that because I didn't eat anything before going for my run on Tuesday morning my body didn't have store enough energy to compensate for what I was burning. Next time I wake up early enough for a run, I will have to eat something to help get my body going. I have my nutrition under control for my long runs so I now I need to get a handle on my nutrition for my maintenance runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...