Monday, August 22, 2011

25 percent

I hope you guys had a great weekend! Mine was long and filled with craziness but I had a lot of fun. Be sure to check out my race review and recap for the Ace of Diamonds 5K that took place yesterday. Also I posted my first featured piece as part of my new ongoing series, A Few of My Favorite Things. This Sunday’s article featured a great Vegetarian Recipe that will make either a delicious lunch or dinner. It is super healthy (around 300 calories per serving) and is relatively inexpensive (under $5.00 per serving). Of course, that depends on the ingredients you use to make it.

I originally had a strength training workout scheduled for today but I chose not to do it. The hilly race course really did a number on my quads. I decided to give my legs a full day’s rest before I continue my training. I did have a very exciting day though. When I weighed myself this morning, the scale said that I weigh 151.8 lbs., which means that I have lost 53 lbs. since embarking on the healthy lifestyle journey. I have lost more than 25% of my starting weight. I am getting really close to a healthy body weight and I am really happy about that.

Sarah's Graduation 2010 121Also, a couple of weeks ago, I entered a raffle over at Running With Sass that benefited the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She is raising money as part of her Team in Training Program. Last week, I found that I won one of the prizes. I received my prize in the mail this weekend and am already planning what to do with them. Since the headband is Disney themed, I am definitely going to be wearing it for Disney’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon. I am planning on putting the decal transfer on a tank top and wearing the day after my first marathon.

Have you ever won a raffle? What did you win and what did you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...