Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Really missing Bikram ...

Wednesday - Strength Training
  • Kettlebells - Joint Mobility Warm Up (6 minutes) and 2X Fat Blast Workout (24 minutes)
Work has really taken up a lot of my time the last couple of weeks. So much so that I have not been able to go to my Wednesday night Bikram Yoga class. I don't like sacrificing my health and fitness for work but I think that I can give up a few Bikram classes as long as I keep up with running and kettlebell training. Hopefully I will be able to attend a Bikram class next week. That style of yoga is one of those things that people either love or hate and there really is nothing in between. I happen to be one of those people that absolutely loves the feeling of peace and serenity that I leave every class with. I can't wait until I am not so busy at work and can actually attend a Bikram class.

I woke up this morning and decided to actually knock out my workout before getting ready for work. Even though I was tired from going to sleep so late after my run last night, I rolled out of bed and changed into my workout clothes. As I was walking around, I noticed that my right ankle felt a little swollen. I think I must have landed on my foot wrong on the treadmill last night (stupid treadmill!). I didn't let that stop me though. I even added the Joint Mobility Warm Up to my scheduled strength training workout in hopes that it would help to loosen up my ankle. Throughout my workout, I didn't really feel any tenderness at all in my ankle, even during the Squat Thrusts. I really hope that it goes away before this weekend. Maybe I will ice it down before I go to bed.

Speaking of this weekend, I actually received an email from the Premier Racing Institute about my upcoming race on Sunday, the Ace of Diamonds 5K. I was a little surprised because I didn't receive any emails about the last local 5K that I did. The email was just about a change in the parking location but it sparked my interest. I went to the race website to the see if there were any other changes. Luckily, there weren't any changes but the course map had finally been posted. This course should be interesting to say the least mostly because it is not described as a flat, out and back course. This course is actually described as hilly! Where do you find hills in coastal Florida? I guess I will find out on Sunday.

Have you ever tried Bikram Yoga? What did you think about it? Did you love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...