Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to my regularly scheduled program!

Tuesday - 5 miles + Strength Training
  • 5.51 miles, 59' 55" minutes, 10' 53" min/mile average pace, 146 BPM average heart rate
  • Kettlebells - Sculpt & Condition Workout (40 minutes)
Yesterday, I decide to ajust my training schedule in response to how my body felt after a rather intense weekend of running. I didn't want to injure myself because I pushed too hard. I really have a tendency to do that sometimes. When I got up this morning, my legs still felt a little worked over but MUCH better than yesterday so I decided to go ahead and so my kettlebell workout before work. It felt great to do some physical activity again. I know it was only a day but it felt like an eternity.

I would have preferred to do my 5 mile run before my kettlebell workout but I didn't wake up early enough. I figured that sitting at my desk for 8 hours would be plenty of time between workouts. I ended up way more than 8 hours though. When I left work, a huge thunderstorm came rolling through and my hopes of running outside tonight were thwarted. I love Florida weather ... but only when it doesn't interfere with my runs! Its ok though because I can always run on the treadmill. My sister had dinner ready when I got home so I didn't get to run until 10:30.

Today's run was scheduled as an easy 5 mile run. So when I climbed on the treadmill, that is exactly what I did. I started with a super easy warm up pace for five minutes. After that, I bumped it up to en easy pace for the rest of the time. At the beginning of the run, I could definitely tell that my legs were still protesting from the weekend. After 10 minutes of running, I fell into stride and my legs followed suit. No more screaming and protesting. Just the gentle rhythm of my breathing and foot falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...