Friday, August 12, 2011

An easy Friday workout …

Friday – Strength Training

  • Yoga – Yoga Conditioning for Athletes DVD (56 minutes)

Boy was I sore this morning! Four days in a row of kettlebells has really worked my muscles in a way that they haven’t been worked in forever. I woke up this morning and could barely move. I decided not to do today’s workout until after I got home from work to give my body more time to loosen up. The workout scheduled for today on my strength training plan was a 30 to 45 minute walk. I chose to do yoga instead because of my running plan. The Yoga Conditioning for Athletes workout is a great workout for me because it really works on stretching all of the muscles that were tight. I am still a little sore after my hour long yoga workout but it is a good kind of sore. I can’t wait for my 5 mile run tomorrow because I feel like my new (reworked) training schedule is really working. I know that it has only been a week but I can already feel a difference. My running has felt great this week and I just hope that it continues into my long run tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...