Monday, August 8, 2011

First day of my new (reworked) training plan!

Monday – Strength Training

  • Kettlebells – practice all demonstrations (16 minutes)

I must say that even though I already know how to do all of the exercises on the Volume 1 DVD of the Ultimate Body Sculpt & Condition Series me new 15 lb. kettlebell kicked my butt! The first day of my workout rotation plan was to practice all of the demonstrations on the Volume 1 DVD, which I actually already did about 4 weeks ago. After doing the exercise demonstrations with the 15 lb. bell, I am really glad that I started from the beginning with Lauren’s workout rotation plan. I am now really confident that the heavier weight will improve my overall fitness. There are 15 different exercises that Lauren walks you through. Of the 15 exercises, three of them are body weight exercises: push ups, squat thrusts, and mountain climbers. The other twelve utilize the kettlebell and the basic building blocks for kettlebell training. My push ups have actually improved from the first time I went through these demonstrations. When I purchased the strange looking contoured kettlebell, I was unsure how it would feel when I used it. I was actually surprised with how it felt, especially after doing some cleans with it. It wasn’t terrible awkward to use at all. In fact, it didn’t bang up my forearms at all. It will take some getting used to because it is such a different shape than normal. I am really happy with the heavier weight though. I am already more sore now than I have been since I started my kettlebell training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...