Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am really sore … YAY!

Wednesday – Strength Training

  • Kettlebells  - Practice Dead Lifts, Swings, Cleans and Squats (13 minutes)
  • Yoga – Standing Poses (22 minutes)

When I first saw what today’s kettlebell workout was, I was a little intimidated because if required me to practice certain moves on my own. To be honest with you, I had absolutely no idea how to do that, which is why I didn’t attempt to do this workout in the morning before work. During my lunch break today, I had a great idea on how I should approach my kettlebell workout. I made a list of all the exercises that I wanted to practice. My list included all of the variations of dead lifts, swings, cleans, and squats. Then I looked at at Lauren had structured the Fat Blast Workout and the Sculpt & Condition Workout to see figured how she sequenced the exercises. I tried the structure my workout using 30 second intervals and in the same manner as the workouts that on the Volume 1 DVD. I thought that I did a really good job but I wouldn’t find out until after I got home from work. When I got home, I ate my dinner and watched a little television before I changed into my workout clothes. I grabbed my GymBoss interval timer and set it up for 30 second intervals. I turned the television to one of those free music channels that had upbeat music similar to what was on the DVD. When I finished my workout, I surprised at how well it actually worked. Sometimes I really amaze myself. I was drenched with sweat and my heart rate was definitely raised. Success! My workout did exactly what I wanted it to do. I got to practice the required exercises and I feel like I did an actual workout at the same time. After my kettlebell workout, I popped in my A.M. Yoga DVD and did the Standing Poses workout. I haven’t done this DVD in a long time and found that it was a great way for me to cool down after my kettlebell workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...