Friday, August 5, 2011

Grrr ... I have to work this weekend!

Friday - Strength Training
  • Kettlebells - 30 minutes (Joint Mobility Warm Up and 2X Fat Blast Workout)
When I went to bed last night, I decided to not set my alarm for 6 am. I knew that I would likely not get up to do my workout before work so I would give myself and extra hour of sleep. Even though I enjoyed a gloriously wonderful extra hour of sleep, I still got to work earlier than usual for me. I guess deadlines really inspire me to move quickly in the mornings. After feeling so very productive at work this week, I let myself done when I realized that I was going to have to work all weekend. This realization was made by lunchtime, which put me in a really foul mood for the rest of the day and I probably seemed really irritable to the people around me. I left work around 6:30 and headed to the mall before I went to me parents' house. I needed to get some supplies from the running store before my long run of 9.5 miles tomorrow morning. I spent almost 45 minutes in that store contemplating the practicality of each hydration belt. I was trying to figure out which one would as much water as possible and the most room in its pouch to hold my energy gels and cell phone. I finally decided to sort of create my own. I bought a Nathan Triangle Waist Pak and a large FuelBelt Ripstop Pocket Belt Loop. The water bottle that came with the waist pack holds 22 ounces, which was the largest one I could find. The pocket on the waist pack didn't fit my phone and barely held two energy gels, which is why I got the large pocket to go on the belt of the waist pack. I thought I did really well in creating the running belt that fits all of my needs. After I was finished at the mall, I went over to take care of my parents' cats. Eventually I made it home around 9 to find that my sister was almost done with dinner. I must say that she has been truly amazing this week by helping me out as much as she has. Her dinners have been amazing and incredibly healthy. After dinner, we watched some television while I allowed my stomach to settle. I get very nervous when I try to workout right after I stuff my face.

Tonight's workout was super late. I didn't start until almost 11 but I refuse to let my work get in the way of my training. As I was doing my kettlebell workout tonight, I realized that it will be the last one with my 8 lb. bell. I know that probably isn't enitrely true but it is part of my plan. Hopefully, I will be able to find a heavier bell this weekend to use during my workout rotation plan. After I received Lauren's email in response to my question about her rotation plan, I decided that I would start her plan this upcoming Monday. I want to make sure that I get the most out of her plan and in order to do that I need a properly sized kettlebell. I am hoping to find either a 15 lb. or 18 lb. bell in my search this weekend. Both her website and DVDs indicate that either of these two weights is the proper size for women just starting with kettlebells. Even thought I have been working with kettlebells for awhile, my experience has been limited to extremely lightweight ones and I don't want to destroy my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...