Monday, August 1, 2011

A really long week ahead …

Monday – Strength Training

  • Kettlebells – 30 minutes (Joint Mobility Warm Up and 2X Fat Blast Workout)

Hello August! My week is not going to be easy at all. In fact, it might be one of the toughest weeks that I have had all year. My training won’t even be the most difficult part … well maybe the 9.5 mile run I have scheduled on Saturday will be difficult. I have deadlines du jour at work, my parents’ cats to look after and training to keep up with.

I woke up early this morning but it wasn’t to workout unfortunately. My sister’s cat had an appointment at the vet so we had to drop him off early this morning. I actually got to work much earlier than usual but I still felt like I got nothing done. I probably felt that way because my list of things to do got longer while I only checked off two of the things left over from last week. Even though I left work at 7:30 but didn’t actually get home until just after 9. Now, I only live 15 minutes from where I work but this week I am taking care of my parents’ cats. So instead of going home right away, I went over to their house to feed and play with their cats. Luckily, my sister beat me home tonight so she had dinner ready by the time I got home. It is really nice having a roommate sometimes because it really helps me stay on track. I was also pleasantly surprised when I got home because my new kettlebell DVD had arrived in the mail today! I probably won’t try it out this week because I have so much going on and I want to try the workouts on the Volume 1 DVD with a heavier bell.

By the time I was able to get to my workout, it was after 10:30, which is not the ideal time to be working out. I didn’t let that stop me though. Working out is really important to me and I better have a really good excuse for me not to do my workout. (And yes going on vacation is a really good excuse but only when you have several hikes planned.) As I was getting ready for my kettlebell workout, I made a rather startling discovery. My knee wasn’t sore at all. In fact, my knee hadn’t felt sore since Thursday morning. I was extremely happy to say the least. I still modified my workout so that instead of doing the squat thrusts I continued doing push ups. I also wrote down the exercises and time intervals so that I can take it with me to the gym … whenever I get around to joining one.

Hopefully, tomorrow will go much smoother for me and I will be able to get a lot more done at work so I won’t feel so stressed when I get home. Hmmm … maybe I will have time to do one of my yoga DVDs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...