Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another great kettlebell workout ...

Friday - Strength Training
  • Kettlebells - Practice Demonstrations 10 reps each (20 minutes)
My strength training workout today consisted of practicing the exercises on the Volume 1 DVD ten times each. Once again, I was faced with the task of creating a kettlebell workout on my own. Now I could have simply just done the exercises in the same order as they are presented on the DVD but honestly where would the fun be in that. While I ate my breakfast, I figured out a workout that incorporated all of the exercises. This workout focuses on reinforcing what I have been working on all week: the basic kettlebell exercises. It is based on the required number of repetitions instead of time intervals. As I was developing this workout, I tried to be as liberal with the rest breaks as possible. When I was done, I actually thought that I had given myself too many and decided that I would adjust as necessary. I didn't want to lose the momentum of the workout or prevent my heart rate from increasing. Finally I was ready to get started so I got my interval timer ready to time the rest periods and body weight exercises. I changed to the television to the free music channel that I found before and started working out. I really surprised myself with this workout. I ended up taking every single rest break and was really drenched with sweat. Doing 10 repetitions on each side of the Clean, Squat & Press was rough! It took everything I had to get out of the squats as I got towards the end of the set. This workout ended up being a great workout and really challenged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...