Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 weeks and counting ...

So for whatever reason, I realized today that I will be on vacation in 2 weeks! I simply can not wait. I am nervous and excited all at once. I love going on vacation and I especially love where my boyfriend and I are going: the Mountains. That is not what had me nervous though. For the past several months, I have been trying to stick to a fairly regimented eating and exercise plan. Vacations have a tendency to cause people to fall off of the wagon. I know that for the most part we will be eating out, which means I can sort of control what I am eat but I will still have to be careful. We won't be eating out when we are staying with his mother. She has probably not been made aware of my new routing either. I have talked with my boyfriend about my concerns and he just tells me that I worry too much. I don't think he realizes how much of a daily struggle it is for me when I am surrounded by temptations. Will power is the name of the game. Oh well, I have a plan. Since beginning this lifestyle change, I have found that without a plan nothing really works out the way you want it to. I have no intention of allowing my training to lapse while out of town. I have already figured out my running routes. I actually get to do two of the three runs that week in the National Park! I am totally stoked! My other run will be on a looped road right near my boyfriend's mother's house. I am also bringing my yoga mat, yoga DVDs, and my Kettlenetics DVDs with at least the 4 lb. KBell. My boyfriend and I have also decided to go on at least one hike (probably two) to go see some waterfalls. The pictures should be breathtaking. I will probably be posting the best ones after we get home. For anyone who has never been to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you are in for some stunning views. That place is truly a place of serenity and natural beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...