Thursday, June 2, 2011

My first official race email from Disney!!

So last night after my workout, I received my first race communication from Disney, indicating that there is only 4 months (120 days) until the race! Good lord that is daunting to think about. While the email itself was a newsletter filled with information that I already knew about, I was excited to course map been posted. Waiting for the course map has been completely nerve racking for me because I really wanted to know where I will be running. I like to plan for everything, which drives my boyfriend nuts most of the time because he likes to go with the flow. This newsletter is full of really useful information though if all you have done is registered for the race without glancing around at the website. Some of the information concerns how to purchase spectator tikets for the Finish Line Party and which of the Disney resorts are offering special deals for race participants. I, however, am a website stalker when it comes to things that I am really excited about. I actually bought my boyfriend a ticket for the Finish Line Party the day that they went on sale. I also made our hotel reservations for the weekend before I actually signed up for the race. I have patiently (impatiently if you ask my sister or my boyfriend) been waiting for the course map to be posted. Based on last year's course map, it hasn't really changed a whole lot. As promised though, the finish line has been moved from inside Epcot to outside the park in one of the parking lots. I am assuming that means that the extra distance was shaved off elsewhere along the course. There are other new features for this race in order to improve the runner's experience. Before signing up for this race, I did a lot of research and I think that many of the changes that Disney has made is based on the comments from last year's inaugural race. I am completely excited about getting to run through Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. If you haven't guessed it already, I love all things Disney. I grew going to Walt Disney World every other weekend (literally). I can't wait to experience the Mouse in this way!

2011 Half Marathon Course Map for Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...