Friday, June 24, 2011

Almost there but not quite yet ...

Friday - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 20 minutes (FlowMotion Basics)
After this morning's workout, I think I will be doing this one at least two more time (probably three) with the 8 lb. KBell before trying any of my other videos. My body is still getting used to the heavier 8 lb. KBell. While the single arm high pulls and single arm swings are getting easier every time I do this workout, my rhythm is still considerably slower than the actual workout is supposed to be. That is okay though because form is the most important aspect of Kettlebell training. My focus has been to maintain the correct form throughout each movement. As I become more comfortable with the heavier 8 lb. KBell, my rhythm will become much faster and I will be able to move through this workout at the same pace as I can using the 4 lb. KBell.

I realized last night as I was trying to fall asleep that I will be completing 3 half marathon races over the course of 19 weeks. I am not going to have any time off between my training schedules. In fact, I only have 14 weeks between the Blue Moon Half Marathon and the Rock 'n Roll St. Petersburg Half Marathon. I am not going to have enough time to do my 18 week training program, which means I am going to have to figure out a whole new one. By the way, my boyfriend thinks that I am crazy and I am starting to think that he might be right. I just keep telling myself that as long as I follow my training schedule I should be fine. Because my first two half marathons are only 5 weeks apart, I went ahead a extended my 18 week training schedule to encompass both races. For my third race, I have decided to follow on of the Nike+ training programs. That program is only 12 weeks long, which means I will have two weeks rest in between race number 2 and training for race number 3. Unfortunately, I will be on a cruise with my boyfriend during Week 2 of the training program and I am supposed to run 22 miles that week. I think he might actually shoot me when I tell him that one .... probably not though because he supports me 110%!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...