Monday, June 13, 2011

Cardio Balanced Workout ... I think I should try something new

Sunday, 6/12 - Rest
  • Yoga - 56 minutes (Yoga Conditioning for Athletes Video)
Yes I did it again. I wanted to get my yoga workout in right after my long run but I really wasn't feeling it. This was the first time that I have tried the full length workout on the DVD. Let me tell you that I was really impressed with it. The poses that were done in this workout were really targeted to the areas I feel are the most tight or constricted during my normal training sessions. My work schedule and training regiment have not been very conducive for adding more yoga workouts but I feel like I really am going to have to make it a priority as my training gets harder.

Monday, 6/13 - Strength Training
  • 47 minutes of Kettlenetics (Cardio Balanced Video)
I decided to do my workout before work again this morning. It seems to be easier and it allows me more time to cook dinner after work. As part of my sister's new plan, we are going to be eating dinner at home a lot more so I want to have plenty of time for that. For some reason, my workout did not go as well as it usually does. I think that once again I was not well hydrated, My boyfriend and I decided to go for a motorcycle ride yesterday afternoon. It was really warm again yesterday and I guess I just didn't drink enough water to compensate. At one point during the workout, I had to stop to catch my breath, which is unusual for me. I also feel like I am not challenging myself enough with this video anymore but I don't feel like I am ready to try this workout with the 8 lb. kettlebell. My plan to correct this issue is quite simple and I hope that it works. I am going to try it for the rest of the week and see what happens. First, I am going to do the Target Toning Video on Wednesday but I will try to incorporate the 8 lb. KBell during the Lower Body Segment and some of the Standing Core Power Segment of the workout. Second, I will do the shorter 30 minute workout video (Total Body Blast) on Friday. When I do this video, I am going to use the 4 lb. KBell for the entire thing because it will be the first time trying this video. Based on how the rest of the week goes, I will either continue with the 4 lb. KBell or start incorporating the 8 lb. KBell into my workouts.

I really like using Kettlebells for the the strength training portion of my regiment. I think that the Kettlenetics system has been a great way for me to become introduced to Kettlebells. I know that at some point in the near future I am going to progress past this type of Kettlebell workout. I have already started looking for some new instructional videos that are more in the style of a true Russian Kettlebell Workout. I think my next video will be Lauren Brooks. She is supposed to one of the best Kettlebells trainers out there so I think that her videos will be the best for me to learn proper technique in my next phase of training.

Also, I really tried to convince my boyfriend to let me do the race while we are on vacation next month. I almost has him talked into it too but then I started really thinking about the logistics of it. So when he asked me "do you really want to do the race?" I actually responded with "I don't know." I told him that while it would be very possible to do, it would very time critical and wouldn't be fair to mother or him for me me to run in the race. We agreed that if we were leaving a day sooner, which just isn't possible, that it wouldn't a big deal. I will still be able to do a week's worth of training in the mountains and I am really excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...