Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You got me this morning, Hills!

Tuesday - 3 miles
  • 3.13 miles, 38' 03" minutes, 12' 09" min/mile average pace, 164 BPM average heart rate
What a sluggish workout this morning! That's right. I actually woke up and didn't hit the snooze button. One of my friends told me that her trick is to have the alarm clock on the other side of the room. That way she has to get out of bed to shut it off. My boyfriend actually does that too. I never really tried that trick before because I never thought that waking up early would be a problem for me. Let's just say that the trick worked and my alarm clock will be staying on my dresser.

After I got out of bed and changed into my running clothes, I headed over to the fitness center to run on the treadmill. I live in the coastal region of Florida so I don't have a wide variety of hilly routes to choose from. The largest hills we have are usually the bridges to take you out to the beaches. My warm up walk (5 minutes at 3.0 mph) felt normal and didn't feel labored or painful. When I started running though, my body was singing a different tune. First off, that randomized hill workout was not pretty at all. It varied from 0% to 5% and the majority of it was at 5%. My quads were not happy with me at all. Secondly, I am pretty sure that I didn't drink enough water yesterday because my arms and legs felt heavy and my entire body was dragging. After 5 minutes of running at 3.5 mph, I tried to increase my pace but quickly found out that my body was not having it this morning. I ran my entire workout at 3.5 mph and only did 30 minutes of the hill workout before my legs decided that they had had enough of that. Finally, my 3 miles were finished and I slowed the belt down and walked for 10 minutes to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...