Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Target Toning Workout ... Round 2

Wednesday, 6/8 - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 52 minutes (Target Toning Video)
Today, I woke up early enough to do my workout before work. It felt good to get my strength training done early but arms sure felt it while I was in the shower trying to wash my hair. My previous post about the Target Toning Workout sort wasn't very enthusiastic mostly because I wasn't very happy with the cardio aspects of it or lack there of. At the time, I felt like my heart rate wasn't raised enough. Man was I wrong! This morning my heart rate was up and I was really sweating. It could have been because I actually knew what pose or movement was coming next so I didn't have to focus so much on the video or instruction. My arms are totally going to feel it for the next couple of days. Let me just say that it is hard to type this post because of the soreness in my arms.

While doing my workout in the morning did give me more energy at the beginning of the day, I was exhausted by the time my work day was finished. Several things could have contributed to that. Unlike yesterday, I did have a cup of coffee this morning and my daily workout was in the morning rather than the evening. I know that I am going on about my energy level and nutrition/diet but I have read that it is really important to determine what works the best for your body. I am really trying to focus on what will give me the most energy throughtout the day because the Wine & Dine race doesn't start until 10 pm. I am probably over thinking this but I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be. My problem finally came to me tonight on my way home from while on the phone with my boyrfiend. On the days that I have felt exhausted, I have also had a cup of coffee. Normally, I will drink anywhere from 8 to 16 cups of water in a day. On the days that I crink coffee, I only have 4 to 8 cups of water. I am allowing myself  to become dehydrated on the days I drink coffee. My solution is not to stop drinking coffee but to make sure that I continue to drink plenty of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...