Friday, June 10, 2011

Cardio Balanced Workout ... not this one again

Friday, 6/10 - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 47 minutes (Cardio Balanced Video)
For the third day in a row, I woke up early and did my workout. I wanted to wake up early enough to also get in a yoga workout but that didn't happen. In fact, I really wanted to stay in bed as long as possible. After much internal debate, I rolled out of bed and changed into my workout clothes. I experienced another internal debate as to which workout to do and the 47 minute workout just barely beat out the 20 minute one. I can honestly say that I was not really 100% into doing my workout this morning but I promised my sister last night that I would do my workout in the morning so that we could go shopping tonight. Once I started the video and I got warmed up, I was glad that I did my workout. The people at work probably wish that I would wait until after I got home because of how much energy I had today. Oh well. I am a little nervous about my long run tomorrow because I am increasing the distance by 1 mile from last week's long run. My plan is to start out slow after my warm up and really try to focus on how my body feels. I would like for my average pace to be around a 13 minute/mile, which is almost two minutes slower than my pace during yesterday's tempo run. Hopefully, I won't go out too fast at the beginning and burn myself out.

It has taken about six weeks of the Kettlenetics workouts at least three times a week but I can honestly say that I am thrilled with the results that I am seeing. My arms and shoulders have definition lines. My stomach is showing signs that there is more than just belly fat in that area. I actually have biceps again, which I haven't seen since my freshman year in college. I am also getting a crazy amount of compliments at work. I guess I really was that unhealthy before. One of the most annoying compliments that I have received is that "I am so inspirational" as the person sits there eating fried chicken fingers and french fries covered in ranch dressing. Please don't misunderstand me. I love compliments and I want to inspire people to make a healthy change in their lifestyle. I don't love when someone says that I inspire them even though they continue to make really unhealthy choices. My journey has been about changing my lifestyle to a healthy one that will improve my overall fitness and ensure that I will live a long, happy and healthy life.

Oh and please wish me luck this weekend. I intend to ask my boyfriend if I can run in the race that I found the other day. Normally, I would NEVER ask him about this type of thing because he always tells me that if I want to do it then I should just do it. Unfortunately, this race is while we are on vacation and it takes place on the day that we are driving up from Florida to North Carolina, which is going to be a really long day especially for him since he will be the one driving. Hmmmm ... this is going to take some careful, yet well executed planning and a little begging. Hopefully, he won't be too stubborn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...