Friday, June 3, 2011

Cardio Balanced Workout ... again

Friday, 6/3 - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 47 minutes (Cardio Balanced Video)
I am still sore! My arms hurt so much that I actually debated all day whether or not I should actually do a workout today. In the end, I decided that it won't do me any good to skip a day because my arms are sore. I am finally starting to see the results that other people have been seeing for weeks, so the best way to continue my progress is to follow through with my plan. I really like the results that I am seeing and I want to continue to see more of them. On a side note, I think that my "lifestyle change" and the results that I am seeing have started to inspire people around me. My father, who has struggled with his weight for his entire life, is finally taking charge of it and has lost a ton of weight in the last month. I am so happy and proud of him. One of my sisters, who is similar to my father in body type, has also started watching her eating habits and is walking on the treadmill. Her weight loss is not as severe as my father's but she is making an honest effort and it is working. I am really happy for her too. And last but not least, my boyfriend is also working on trying to control his weight. I would not consider him to be crazy overweight but he definitely enjoys second helpings especially if it is a dish that he really likes. The last couple of weeks he has been trying to work on portion control (and it is working even though I am not supposed to actually tell him that). Portion control is one of the hardest things that I had to teach myself but it is a valuable lesson to learn. He already exercises on a fairly regular basis so he is trying to focus on his eating habits first. I am really excited to have the support of these wonderful people in my lives and now I get to help them and provide them with support. Now for my training report. I think that Cardio Balanced Workout is my favorite of the Kettlenetics workout videos. I still have one video that I haven't tried yet, which came with the 8 lb. KBell. I probably won't try this video until I feel that I am ready to start using the heavier weight. Even though my arms are crazy sore, I went for my longest workout video because this particular one really works my entire body. As I am writing this, I can really feel it in my core region. I can feel it in my shoulder girdle, which is increasing the pain in my arms. I must be a gluten for punishment. It is probably a good thing that I have two days rest from the strength training aspect of my schedule. Unlike the Target Toning video, this one incorporates a few movements that I really enjoy, such as the windmill and the clean and press. Those two movements really work the entire body especially the core area. I just need to make sure that I don't allow my muscles don't get used to this workout so that the effectiveness doesn't wear off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...