Monday, June 20, 2011

Bring on the Weights ...

Sunday, 6/19 - Rest

I actually rested last week. I know, I know. I didn't think that I could take a day off either but I did it. My body really needed it too. I had originally planned on doing one of my yoga workouts but I decided not to after I woke up. My body went through a lot last week and I was very stiff and sore yesterday. I did end up cleaning my place a little bit, which helped work out some of my stiffness. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to another Bikram Yoga class last weekend but I am already making plans to go on Wednesday after work! Maybe (hopefully) one of these days, I will actually do the 60-day Bikram Challenge, where I attend a Bikram class everyday for 60 days. Who knows, maybe that will be next year's New Year's Resolution.

Monday, 6/20 - Strength Training
  • Kettlenetics - 20 minutes (FlowMotion Basics)
When I woke up this morning, I decided to try the same build-up with the 8 lb. KBell as I did with the 4 lb. KBell. When I first started using, the Kettlenetics system, I only did the FlowMotion Basics workout until I could do the whole video without a problem using the 4 lb. KBell. Then I started adding the Cardio Balanced workout into my rotation. I really want to get comfortable with the 8 lb. KBell before I really start swinging it around. After making that decision, I popped in the FlowMotion Basics DVD. This workout is much slower than the other ones, which is probably because it is one of the first videos in the set. When I did this workout this morning, it definitely went much better than the last time I did it with the 8 lb. KBell. I was able to do the single arm swings all the wat to the overhead position this time. The single arm high pulls were still a bit difficult but I was able to manage them. My rhythm is still a little slow but I am sure that I will get that part down after 2 or 3 more rounds with this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...